Episode #76 – Fox Is Not Your Friend
We come to you live from exotic Myrtle Beach, SC! Myrtle Mayhem!
Ainsley Earhardt, a Fox News correspondent, says that Mitt Romney is “not Christian.” This has really incensed not just Latter-day Saints, but many Mormon apologists across a wide religious spectrum. Fair and balanced. Right.
Noted blogger and social media magnate Jesse Stay writes and insightful and inviting piece about reasons to believe the Church. This is one of the better reads we’ve come across in some time.
The Church’s tax-exempt status has been called into question as the Church seeks to mollify those who would attempt to strip it.
Utah Democrats are rocking the casbah.
France is getting a temple! Awesome! This sparks a discussion about general Church administration, namely the rationale behind temples in places where the work is actually receding.
Lil Wayne and Jimmer. Together forever.
The Mormon Times is gone! Well, sorta.
Touch me for luck:
- Basic story on Fox news and Romney
- Op-ed criticizing Fox News
- Joanna Brooks has her say
- Jesse Stay’s great piece
- Church’s tax-exempt status
- Utah Democrats
- Temple in France
- Toronto consolidates missions
- Li’l Wayne raps Jimmer
- Angel Moroni tops Brigham City Temple
You Might Also Dig These Posts
- Episode #92 – Soviet Booze Ban Lighthearted discussion on LDS tech advances and the Church's social media efforts. OK, we're tech dorks. Sue us.
The Circling the Wagons conference - a Mormon LGBT gathering - took place in Salt Lake over the weekend. One bishop declared homophobia in the Church an "atrocity." Pretty awesome ...
- Episode #89 – Mormons are Christians It's time for the TWiM rage regarding the "Mormons are a cult" nonsense that's been going around for the past week. We're fed up. Why is it OK to hate on Mormons but not on other groups? It's high time we stopped putting up with it. We at This Week in Mormons stand shoulder to shoulder with our f...
- Episode #71 – A Tour of Italy, Gastronomically Unrelated to Mormon news, but Al continues to fail to understand why Geoff loves Disneyland so much.
KSL drops "The Playboy Club" because of its relation to some sort of obscure gentlemen's magazine. TV affiliates picking and choosing in an effort to censor. Right or wrong?
To no one's surp...
- Episode #132 – I Am the Last Dragon
Someone mentioned that they miss our snarky write-ups for each show. So here goes!
Geoff's is an internet meme, and his fame carries over to visitors to his Sunday school class.
Al turns 30. He bobsleds. He changes worlds.
Mitt Romney chooses Paul Ryan. Mitt Romney also has a silly soc...
- Episode #69 – Pony Rider More madness about the Crystal City chapel. Seriously, it's like the media thinks this is the first time a singles ward has been created. The Washington Post and Time are to blame this time around.
Joanna Brooks rocks an evangelical author who argues that a vote for Mitt Romney is a vote for t...
- Episode #108 – Bottgate the Bottracist Quite the unfortunate week for Randy Bott, famed and beloved religion professor at BYU. His statements to the Washington Post spark controversy about racism.
Are Mormons actually wary of publicly supporting Mitt Romney? The answer may surprise you.
The Jews/Hindus/Everyone temple baptism dr...