Episode #144 – The End of the Mormon Moment? (Kunkel’s Krinkles)
Podcast: Play in new window
Let Them Eat Cake
The US election is over. Does this mean the Mormon Moment is over? We recap election stuff, Mitt Romney’s loss, and what this means for the continuing of the Mormon Moment and the Church going forward. All in all, we’re pretty proud of what’s happened to the Church in the past few years.
In other news – a Mormon potato physiologist dies. He invented the potato. This is serious.
The Circling the Wagons Conference happened this past weekend in Salt Lake. Did you go? Do you know someone who did?
LDS Tools experiences outages. be prepared!
A Mormon sexologist is going to teach you how to please your partner and take the taboos off of sex. That is right! You shall become like a high-class prostitute!
And MoTab’s YouTube channel gets some very awkward love on a very awkward playlist.
- The election and the Mormon Moment
- Romney lost, but Mormons won.
- The Church survived five years of campaigning
- Mormonism cost Romney the election
- The speech that Romney should have given
- Other Mormon election results
- Circling the Wagons
- A visit to the LA Temple visitors center
- Renowned potato physiologist dies
- LDS Tools outage
- Mormon sexologist!
You Might Also Dig These Posts
- Episode #143 – Mormons, Romney, Elections, Yoda, and Cults
Holy show! There is a lot of Mormon news out there this week, from (what will hope will be the last for some time) Mitt Romney news, election talk, new stakes, more missionaries, lamenting our loss of "cult" status, and a funny allusion to President Kimball.
Who do Utahans feel best represen...
- Episode #136 – Brandon Flowers, Mormons Salute You The Killers' Brandon Flowers makes all of us proud to be Mormon as he fights off meanness from those soulless Swedes and Brits.
The Church runs Google Ads using Mitt Romney's name. Pretty sneaky!
Should Mormons buy advertising in the playbook for The Book of Mormon musical? Salt Lake says y...
- Episode #135 – Provo Coke Dealers
Mitt Romney is now the Republican Presidential nominee. At the Tampa convention, innocent old people touted Mitt's spiritual awesomeness. Awesome for the Church or using Church callings for political gain?
On a similar note, Romney's ward in New Hampshire, near Lake Winnipesaukee, spent a ...
- Episode #133 – Coffee Ice Cream and the Unpardonable Sin
Mormons! Mormons! Everywhere!
Lots of political/Mormon news this week from both major US parties. Mormon Democrats plan to make an appearance in Charlotte, and Mitt Romney will more openly embrace his Mormonism at the Republican c...
- Episode #134 – Mormon Milk Makes Mormon Cheese
Great stuff this week. We build a lot of discussion around last week's Rock Center with Brian Williams special on Mormonism. Business? Family? Cheese? Temples? Garments? Joanna Brooks and feminism? Abby Huntsman speaks with no authority? We cover it all.
Have you grown red bell peppe...
- Episode #126 – Sitting Fatty
This Week in Mormons will change your life. OK, not really, but it'll at least entertain you for an hour.
Mass resignations from the Church in Salt Lake
Letter of resignation
Why I fired my Mormon handyman. Stupid
Age study of prophets' voices
Cher upsets everyone
Why are Mormon...