Episode #156 – Gay Boy Scouts Church Blockers
Podcast: Play in new window
Are gay Boy Scouts coming? It appears the Boy Scouts might finally life their ban on having gay Boy Scouts.
Speaking of gay stuff, Joanna Brooks writes a thoughtful piece about an openly gay young man currently serving a mission. This is seriously thought-provoking stuff here.
Also, a group has organized to take care of homeless LGBT Mormon youth who have been disowned by their families. Sad.
The Provo City Center Temple gets serious designs. Let the speculation cease!
After being declared Mormon of the Year by Times and Seasons, Mitt Romney shows up again in DC, but nobody cares.
A great Church history conference called “Approaching Antiquity: Joseph Smith and the Ancient World” is coming. Attend!
Other news – the Church might block a train in Florida as retribution for years of everyone else blocking its own construction projects; a great Mormon satirical paper in the spirit of The Onion; a fire clears a church building; and in our most axiomatic statement of the week – it is difficult to be in high school in Utah and not be LDS. You heard it here first, folks.
The evil spawn of Peggy Fletcher Stack and Kevin Barney
You Might Also Dig These Posts
- Episode #130 – Tijuana’s Gay America
Is TWiM better now or two years ago? You tell us!
Warning: This week's episode contains spoilers from The Dark Knight Rises. Skip from 13:30-20:40.
Marriott (the man) is against gay marriage. His company is not.
A history of the Church's exercises in logos, fonts, and branding
- Episode #162 – Big Thunder Is Shut Down Pope Francis I joins us on the show to take your calls and answer emails. Craigslist shows gay trysts at BYU. Uchtdorf backs Obama's immigration plan.
- Episode #136 – Brandon Flowers, Mormons Salute You The Killers' Brandon Flowers makes all of us proud to be Mormon as he fights off meanness from those soulless Swedes and Brits.
The Church runs Google Ads using Mitt Romney's name. Pretty sneaky!
Should Mormons buy advertising in the playbook for The Book of Mormon musical? Salt Lake says y...
- Episode #153 – Don’t Trust Your Bishop Millions of missionaries die in MTC epidemic. What does this mean for you? Is it unwise to study Doctrine and Covenants thematically? And more!
- Episode #146 – In Praise of Women’s Soccer
Happy Thanksgiving, American listeners!
Male dress at Church - are white shirts required? Men, what do you think? Women, what do you expect from men?
Bryce Harper's girlfriend plays BYU soccer. Is Bryce Harper a TBM? Inquiring minds MUST know! This pertains to our salvation!
- Episode #134 – Mormon Milk Makes Mormon Cheese
Great stuff this week. We build a lot of discussion around last week's Rock Center with Brian Williams special on Mormonism. Business? Family? Cheese? Temples? Garments? Joanna Brooks and feminism? Abby Huntsman speaks with no authority? We cover it all.
Have you grown red bell peppe...