As we hinted at few weeks ago, missionaries are now doing daily service for a few hours per day. This is welcome news and we love seeing the face of missionary work changing from its antiquated, 19th-century agrarian model to something that makes more sense.
Building on that, The Atlantic has an incredible profile of the Church’s new program of allowing missionaries to use social media and technology to further the work. Terrific read.
The Church publishes another article, this one on DNA and the Book of Mormon. Really interesting, actually! Do we need to fix the Sabbath?
Is your Sabbath all work and no rest? The “War on Masturbation” put out by BYU-Idaho is absurd, mostly because it’s not a war on that, but on pornography and on not leaving anyone behind. The media is a complete mess when it comes to reporting this story. Get the real skinny with us.
Other news: Did you get a copy of Deseret News with our Ensign? It’s weird. We are on Ask Angela! Imagine Dragons singer talks about his mission. Salt Lake City is the most godless city in America? Mormons on the Amazing Race. Mormons on the Olympics. And 7 things you didn’t know Mormons invented.
- Fixing the Sabbath
- Mormons in Sochi
- 7 things you didn’t know Mormons invented
- Missionaries doing daily service
- The Facebook of Mormon
- Mormons back on “The Amazing Race”
- Deseret News included with Ensign
- The “War on Masturbation” that isn’t
- DNA and the Book of Mormon
- Imagine Dragons frontman talks mission
- Ask Angela!
- Everyone will be single forever
- Salt Lake City is the most godless in America?