A Utah school airbrushes more modest clothing onto girls in the yearbook. Seriously. In America. In 2014.
LDS public affairs czar Michael Otterson writes an interesting open letter about women’s rights and issues within the Church, questioning the Church’s critics and offering guidance of his own. Ordain Women, while not named in Brother Otterson’s article, come back with their own response. Never a slow week in Mormon news.
Did Nephi actually regret killing Laban? One writer thinks so. What do you think?
Does Mormonism suffer from the Pareto Principle? Compelling thoughts from Jana Riess.
Deseret News appears to be padding its numbers on weekend circulation by enclosing its national edition with random local papers. Yup. Gotta take down that Trib.
We have some updates on the lawsuit levied by the Church against the Mormon Match dating site. This is truly a baffling exercise in intellectual property protection.
Did you know Elder Christofferson’s brother is gay? He is, and he has an interesting story which he shared at the North Star conference in Salt Lake.
Other stuff: Cambodia gets two stakes, the Church gets official recognition in Vietnam, Mongolia builds wacky buildings, the boring story of a missionary who got sent home from Ukraine, should you Twitter at Church?, and so much more!
If you enjoy Mormon news and commentary, make sure to share this with someone new. Evangelize, yo.
- Michael Otterson on women’s stuff
- Peggy Fletcher Stack on Michael Otterson on women’s stuff
- Ordain Women on Peggy Fletcher Stack on Michael Otterson on women’s stuff
- Utah school airbrushes modesty onto girls
- Nephi’s regret
- Mormonism’s Pareto Principle
- Deseret News allegedly pads circulation numbers
- Mormon Match still under fire – now covered by Ars Technica
- Church gets official in Vietnam
- American religions in Ghana
- Elder Christofferson’s gay brother
- Missionary leaves Ukraine
- Twitter at Church
- Music – we own none. We just like to share good stuff.