Episode #282 – Scalia, the Only True Mormon
The US Supreme Court rules in favor of same-sex marriage, so what will this mean for Mormons? Why should Mormons care? How do we react as Latter-day Saints? How do we uphold the law while our church openly disagrees with it?
We admit we have mixed feelings about the entire thing, particularly with how we separate our political beliefs from our religious ones. But we’re not you, and we know all of you will have views covering a broad spectrum, and we welcome them, so sound off in the comments below.
In other news, BYUtv’s Granite Flats us ending; two people shot outside a church in Oakland, CA; 10 great books about Mormonism; missionaries potentially going to Senegal and Sao Tomé and Principle; Farsi Book of Mormon, and the all-new @Ask_Mormons Twitter feed, of which we are participants!
- SCOTUS backs gay marriage
- Letter from the First Presidency
- Blogger says Elder Christofferson did not say it’s OK to support gay marriage
- Do Mormons condemn interracial relationships?
- Granite Flats is ending
- North Dakota takes mission from Rapid City
- @Ask_Mormons on Twitter. Follow it!
- Farsi Book of Mormon
- Missionaries potentially going to new countries in Africa
- 10 Great LDS books