Episode #337 – The Trailer of the Sea
Should we incorporate applause into our church meetings, particularly after a musical number? There are surprisingly divided opinions on this. Let us take a journey down the rabbit hole.
We have in-depth information on what being a missionary (or “volunteer”) now means in Putin’s Russia. Crazy stuff.
Per usual nowadays, there’s something of a TWiM political roundup, with Orrin Hatch threatening fellow Utah legislators, polls showing Utahns don’t want Mormon leaders to endorse candidates, and an open letter to Trump about how Mormons’ views on Islam have been shaped by our history.
In a survey of questionable methodology, “researchers” find that Mormons are overwhelmingly uncomfortable with eternal polygamy. While the survey itself is iffy, this is an interesting subject that we don’t often spend much time on.
Should returned missionaries get discounts and perks when it comes to college options?
And in lots of random news: Bryce Harper is engaged again, and to the same girl; Moroni tops the Meridian Idaho Temple; Mormons are not God’s only children; fast for Turkey; Chicago gets a fancy, new meetinghouse; refugees have a float in the Days of ’47 parade; a Mormon family lives on a boat; and Berliners love MoTab!
- Details on missionaries in Russia
- Applause at Church!
- Utahns don’t want Mormon leaders to endorse politicians
- Mormon women fear polygamy
- Trump needs to Church history
- Hatch tells UT delegation to get behind Trump
- AdWeek covers Utah startup scene, Al disagrees
- Fry sauce in Utah is everything
- Refugees get Days of ’47 float
- Mormon family lives on a boat
- Berlin loves MoTab
- Elder Stevenson throws first pitch at Angels
- Meridian Idaho Temple gets Moroni
- Bryce Harper engaged
- We aren’t God’s only people
- Fast for Turkey
- Chicago gets first downtown meetinghouse