About the Role:
We love our contributors! If you love writing and have focused thoughts surrounding Mormonism, we encourage you to get in touch with us about being a contributor for This Week in Mormons. You might be passionate about music, or deep doctrine, or weird idiosyncrasies in Mormon culture, or temple architecture, or even McKay Coppins. Whatever it is, we want to help you put it to digital paper.
Working with the Editor in Chief, you will both pitch your own ideas and be willing to pick up general news regurgitation as discussed in our private Facebook Group. You must be willing to follow through on assignments in a timely manner and think strategically about what will be of interest to our readers.
Our readers love the unique voice TWiM brings to the table, and you can be a part of that voice. This is a volunteer role. We are not wealthy.
- Write at least one original article per week.
- Stay on top of trends in Mormon-related news.
- Take an active role in pitching content and taking up assignments.
- Foster community engagement.
- Be active on our TWiM Nation Facebook Group.
- Experience writing in the digital space.
- Responsive to feedback and direction from the editor.
- Eagerness to make your mark no matter how much or ostensibly little experience you think you have.
- Responsive to communications in a reasonable timeframe.
- Willingness to share your work across social media, unless you want to be all secret secret about stuff for personal reasons. That’s fine, too. We’ll just name you “Madge” and tell everyone you live in Nunavut.
- Background in SEO.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Ability to perform perfunctory photo editing.
Shoot us an email: contact AT thisweekinmormons DOT com with a resume and cover letter and let’s chat.